- Compliance with the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- Fostering Connections Act 2008/Other Federal Laws and Partnerships
- Building effective tribal-state agreements/partnerships
- Tribal sovereignty and self-determination
- Truth and reconciliation approaches.
We know that relationships between tribes, states and the federal government have been complicated and sometimes very challenging – both historically and in the present day. We envision improved relationships that honor tribal self-determination, improved child and family well-being and strong tribal programs.
What support and capacity does your agency need to strengthen its work with state and federal agencies?